4.6.09

Alone, in the kitchen with an onion

Inspired by the second story on this episode of "selected Shorts" (though you should listen to the first one as well) I have a question for all of you. What do you find yourself making, again and again (even though you know no one else in the world would think it ;s normal) when your alone, in the kitchen with no one else to cook for?
I grill onions. Sometimes in butter, sometimes in olive oil, with mushrooms when I have them, usually with garlic, sometimes with a little cheese melted into it. But usually, just slopped straight from the pan into a bowl, all gooey and salty, eaten alone with a fork.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Rice pasta, preferably something small like elbow or rotini, and slightly overcooked. Then, mix in some wheat-free tamari and mustard. I'll use any mustard, but lately we've had on hand this excellent miso wasabi mustard that's very sweet. It's warm, gooey, and slimy. I liked your answer too, but I'd modify it with a little tabasco since that's how my mom always sauteed things.