23.7.08

Forgive? Why Would You?

You seemed determined to make me innocent.
"Ah," I said, "I didn't really want the banana, I just don't like being told 'no'."
"I know." You said. "But you were allowed to have it, it's merely protocol for me to say no."
"Well what about switching the foot cream and the toothpaste, then?"
"That was a little wicked," you said, "but it was a trick that we taught you and were actually expecting. We would have been disappointed if you hadn't tried it eventually."
"Filling the cubicle with packing peanuts."
"Who doesn't want a cubicle filled with packing peanuts? I got to go home for the day. Hey, thanks for helping me play hooky."
"Well, what about the time when I locked you out on the patio and piled up the bears so it looked like they did it?"
"It was a nice day out and I got to enjoy the weather instead of being stuck inside staring at a lifeless computer monitor."
"When I dumped icy water down your back and you were falling asleep?"
"I wasn't supposed to be sleeping, it was a good wake up call. Also, the cold water was very refreshing in the heat."
"Well, what about the time I covered your car in seran wrap?"
"It was fun getting the odd looks from people I passed by."
"I don't think I have anything else."
"No, I don't think you do. Are you done? Will you come with me now and accept my forgiveness?"
Alas, I must always fall into your traps.

No comments: